Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Dream


I conceived of "a priori" after reconnecting with my first boyfriend Peter in Germany. I had had a dream about his mom, and the next day I decided to search for him online. I found him on a social networking site, and a Skype call followed soon. Half an hour into our conversation, Peter mentioned his discovery about his grandfather, a submarine commander for the Nazis, and of Jewish heritage. Peter grew up with no awareness of his ancestry or of his grandfather’s peculiar and predicamental situation during the war. He was oblivious to the silence his parents decided to implement on this part of their family's history. The conversation with Peter triggered my search for people who share a similar family secret.

 in Peter's office

No comments:

Post a Comment